We guide you through how to do this in the app.
First you’ll need to allow the Post Office EasyID app access to your phone’s camera. Then hold your camera up to your face making sure your face fits comfortably inside the circle on the screen. When the circle goes green, tap the round green button to take your photo.
You’ll need to take a photo like the one on your passport or driving licence. Here are some tips to help you take a photo we will accept:
- Hold the phone straight in front of your face
- Keep your head straight, not tilted at an angle
- Have your eyes open, visible and free from reflection or glare from glasses. To avoid reflections or glare, we recommend removing your glasses (if you can) before taking your photo
- Make sure your hair isn’t covering your eyes
- Take off any head coverings (unless worn for religious or medical reasons, in which case try to show as much of your face as is possible)
- Avoid having any shadows across your face
If after this you wish to change this photo at any time, go to My EasyID page > Personal details > Photo.