When someone creates an EasyID, we ask them to enter their mobile number. We then send a text message containing a unique code to that number. They have to enter that code into the Post Office EasyID app in order to continue to the next step. So if someone else entered your mobile number, they would not receive the text message with the code (you would get it instead!) and they would not be able to continue.
Articles in this section
- How do I know EasyID is secure?
- What if my phone gets lost or stolen?
- Won't adding my ID document to EasyID make me vulnerable to identity fraud?
- How does EasyID stop people creating fake accounts?
- How often do you evaluate EasyID’s security?
- What would happen to my information if EasyID got hacked?
- Can Post Office or Yoti see my data?
- What information does EasyID store about me?
- What does EasyID do with my information?
- Will my data be sold to third parties?